Well I wish I could brag on myself this morning, but I peed the bed. Nothing worked out like I expected. I left from Beeswax and ran down under the bridge in Cedar Creek at daylight, thought it was odd that I only saw 1 other boat back there (and I'd guess between us and another good sized tournament, not a single boat followed me down the river. Plus Sunset Marina looked PACKED with trucks/trailers when I came by)..... at 7:45 I hadn't had a single bite, so I finally worked my way back out closer to the main river and caught a couple, one about 3 lbs. I reckon all the locals and those who had practiced already knew what I didn't. I caught 3 or 4 small non-keepers on a spinnerbait, but otherwise didn't have a single bite the whole day on a buzzbait, chatterbait, frog, or any kind of walking/popping topwater. I didn't catch a single fish from a boat dock either. Around late morning I figured out two small non-descript pockets off the main river that had submerged grass in the backs and found good sized largemouth schooling on teeny tiny shad in the backs. I caught another 3 pounder, and lost two more 3 pounders and one that looked 4-5 pounds. They would hit and immediately jump, and dang they kept throwing my lure. I haven't fished that dirty in as long as I can remember. I wound up with only 3 fish for 7-1/2 pounds, could've / should've had double that or more. I thin 15.69 won ours (they had 16.69 with a 1 lb dead fish penalty), then several bags in the upper 13's to low 14's. Big fish was 4-something. Of course all the guys who went upriver acted like they caught 50 fish on every lure they threw all day long. The guys who won said they caught ALL their fish on the main river in 10' of water.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.