Lessons in Love - that dude is a seriously good bass player ... here's the thing - the 80's had some killer musicians -- unfortunately, they were in some questionable bands w/stupid songs, tons of reverb, and cheesy lyrics -- and then on top of that, they had to "act" on music videos -- a brand new concept in the 80's ... suddenly you couldn't be ugly, good musicians anymore -- like the 70's had a ton of ... LOL looking back at all of it, it was just a decade of experimentation -- some of it worked, some of it failed miserably ... i remember thinking, LORD NO - ZZ TOP - keyboards??!!! anyway - wild times ... the cut-out bins were SLAMMED TO THE MAX with chitty music ...

in some ways, i feel like we've come back full circle -- with auto-tune & studio magic on most of today's pop music ... rarely do i hear stuff on the radio that catches my attention, from a sheer musicianship standpoint ...

i miss the days where what you heard on the recording was truly made & performed by the artists -- like the following -- and she was the BACK-UP musician in the band Heart!!!

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 09/20/19 12:13 PM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.