Originally Posted by 270wsm
What delay are yall using to email/text pics?

It depends on what the camera is looking at. If it's on a food source, then I bump the delay - both of the delays - up. One of the delays is for how long it waits before it takes another picture. And then there is a delay for how long to wait before it sends another picture to the home unit. I have my food ones tweaked so that it ends up sending me probably every 3rd picture or so. Basically have the delay before it sends it to the home unit like 15 seconds longer than the trigger delay - think it's like 45 second trigger delay and 1 minute send to home delay. If it's on a trail or a scrape or whatever, then I just set the delay to whatever I would use for a regular cam and set both of them to the same value - think I'm using 30 seconds on those.

I also found that setting mine to send the emails every hour instead of on demand seemed to smooth out the lag in pictures getting sent. So I end up getting an email every hour with whatever pictures were taken in that previous hour on all of my cameras.