Originally Posted by TChunter
Originally Posted by bamahunt
After a lot of youtube and online review research I came to the conclusion that Stihl or Makita were the way to go for an electric chainsaw. They have immediate, high chain speed, sizable bars and are backed by reputable companies that are less succeptable to going bankrupt soon (no replacement parts, batteries, etc. available in the future). Other saws lack the chainspeed and power to quickly chew threw wood and you end up "bearing down" on the saw to get it to cut. I went with the Makita because the Stihl was more expensive and I could use the Makita battery system on other proven tools (I wasn't sold on how much I would use any other Stihl electric tools or that I would want to pony up the premium they were asking for tools to use around the farm and house). They both seemed to be comparable per the reviews I saw.

Below is the model I went with I believe. I didn't get (4) batteries so that could reduce the cost some from the model below.

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XCU03...&hvtargid=pla-384171889338&psc=1

The Makita worked great a few weekends trimming roads, tree stand locations and shooting lanes paired with a wireless sawzall and stihl gas pole saw. I was happy/surprised at what it could do. We also cut some firewood off of some downed oak tops that have been drying over the last year.

Make sure they dont forget to include your free tampons and pantie liners, that's a bonus they stiff you on with those types of orders.

funny. I have been thinking the same thing on this thread. they make a thing called a bow saw if an axe or hatchet is too heavy for you. my 4'11'' grandmother would swing a kaiserblade and an axe when she was I her 70's so I guess I have a different perspective. But she also was more of a woodsman who never would have sat in a shooting house.