Originally Posted by capehorn24
Originally Posted by sluggun
Originally Posted by Atoler
Originally Posted by capehorn24

I get it that you are pissed off about the preference points, however, in your above assumption you can make the gator numbers what ever you want. Change to 1500 and 4000 and your %'s of getting picked go up and down to 2.3 and 5.5. so what's your solution?

Just quoting the numbers of applicants I was told...

But to answer your question, here is my solution. Do it like every other state. If there are 260 tags, the tier with the most points get tags. The tier with the 2nd most points get what’s left over. The tier with the 3rd most points get any that are left over from the first two, and so on. There should never be a system where some people have tried for 10 years to get drawn and people who have no time invested have a chance to draw before them.

Now you know if they did it this way then Chucky couldn't give hunts to his buddies.

Ok, going be that guy, what if 500 are in the 1st tier and they only have 260 tags, someone once again is going to be left out, then next year it goes to 1000, etc. as I see it there is always someone not getting a tag who thinks they are entitled to one.

If that are 500 the first year with the most points, and they give out 260 tags, the next year there will be 240 with the most points.