Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by lefthorn
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

How about someone explain this for me?

[Linked Image]

I went online to get my HIP and entered my birthday, which flips me to the over 65 page. I thought a resident over 65 wasn't charged for a license, but it appears there is now a charge. I have a lifetime, so it doesn't affect me, but did I miss them changing the law on this?

Read what the license is called.....”optional “. No you don’t have to buy a license over 65 but will have to buy the bait thing if you wanna hunt by aid of bait

Thanks for trying to help us figure it out, but I don't think that's right. I think "optional" here just means that it isn't required to complete the transaction. Look at the Optional State Duck Stamp for $11 that I did buy. If you wanna hunt ducks, that ain't optional and you will get a ticket if you hunt without one. So is the Optional WMA license.
It looks like to me that these licenses are required if you want to carry out that activity, but again, maybe I don't understand something. I didn't make a picture of everything, but there were other places that offered the chance to make various donations, and it labeled them as donations. Also, there is nothing that says any of these licenses are good the rest of your life.

Look at box number two it says lifetime hunting and all fishing so I'm pretty sure once you have that you're good for the life of you you still need the WMA duck stamp and a baiting permit the dcnr can't override the legislature state law say 65 and older do not need a license

But that Senior Lifetime license costs $35. The other "optional" licenses expire in a year, so it looks like those are annual licenses that anyone over 65 must buy if you don't have a lifetime license. But as you said, the state law is that over 65 doesn't need a license.

Edit: I downloaded the digest and it looks like nothing has changed. I still don't know what the $35 license is for, and I found a section that says over 65 has to have a Federal duck stamp, but not the state. I bought the $11 stamp, and didn't need it. I guess that is what they were hoping would happen when they listed them like this.

Last edited by poorcountrypreacher; 09/07/19 12:23 PM.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.