Here's the scoop. Like I said I like running and gunning but, I had to adapt to the bulls territory and habits to have a chance...

I slipped down the river yesterday morning to get close to the field about the time daylight would start peeping through. As I neared the field with barely enough light to see I saw what looked like the outline of an elk. I pulled the Swaros outta the bino harness and could tell it was a spike. Looked left what appeared to be a 3x3 about 40yds. I wasn’t gonna shoot but I looked at my pins and notta. Anyway, they go away and I go jump up the river bank to glass the field as daylight was coming. I spotted some elk about 200yds away and watched as it got more light.
As I watched, 2 elk start running, Bull chasing another bull. It was Stickers chasing another 5x5. There was about 5 cows at the tree line and he walked back to them.

As time unfolded, they began to go the wrong way so I cow called. Everyone stopped and the bull walked my way a bit then turned back. I decided to cow call again and off they go. Bull chasing bull and cows running. I jumped down into the river bed and took off to make my 200yd -ish way around to try to get into position. Sucks trying to cover ground in a rock bed.

After getting around to the area I wanted. I stopped, silence. Dang I thought, they prolly crossed already. I figured screw it I'm going up the bank to peek in the field. If they not there, I'll shortcut back to my clearcut. I get up in the brush and I'm like heck yea, they still here. I moved about 20yds left to some cover at the fields edge to see what would happen next.

The cows were coming pretty quick. I ranged the 1st cow (40). Dialed my sight to 40. The big bull decided to chase the spike. From left to right. I had my hand on my sight dial as the y quickly got closer. 30, 25, 20, big bull breaks back to cows. I go back to 40 on the sight. He goes sideways. I cow called and let it fly. Dammit!!!! Somehow too far back and low. I see him bleeding as he's running so I cow call, he stops at 80. Turn dial to 80. and draw but he's moving so, I let down.
I screwed around in the field looking for my arrow, nothing. Bright red blood everywhere and I'm pissed. I'm wondering if my top cam was somehow in the tree next to me when I released and messed me up, no clue. I just knew that as long as I saw blood I was gonna be on that bull until I got him or nightfall.

Anyway, after about 20 minutes I'm at the river looking and bounce in the water to the other side. I just wanted blood to slowly track and eventually maybe poke him again. As I walk the river bed slowly I get to a left hand curve, peek around and "dang" he's standing there and I know he's hurting. Range 43yds, sight to 40… He peeked back but I was ducked behind some grass. After about 30 seconds he started walking straight away from me. I tweek my sight without looking and he appears to be turning. I draw, he steps left and I let it fly. Whack, mid lung level, headed toward the right shoulder. I texted my buddy within 30 seconds saying I just laced a bull.