Originally Posted by deadeyesdad
Well I’m out. I just looked it up and of course they are just trying to make money off of it. $10 just to apply for the lottery. Smells a lot like the alligator lottery BS. I already just dropped almost $100 on licenses. Now they want an extra $10 just to tell me sorry you didn’t get “drawn”. What ever happened to a guy just being able to go hunting with his kids and enjoying the day. With all of the rules , regulations, and “privileges “ required it has taken a lot of the enjoyment out of it. Seems like you are spending more time worrying about if you are legal or not.

I guess I've come to expect a registration fee with any sought after lottery drawing, at least it keeps folks from just flooding the system and having their wife, brother, kids, mother in law etc all apply without them having a little skin in the game.

The think that I just read that really bothers me is the apparently all state or federal wildlife refuges are closed to hunting for them... I was absolutely going to apply and would have gladly paid their fees but if I'm not able to hunt Wheeler WRA then there's not really any point. that's where the largest population of them are around here.