Originally Posted by marshmud991
I’m sure the dealership explained what the E stands for. If not there is a small handle behind the seat that slows the engine RPM down and allows the PTO to turn at 540rpms. Cuts the fuel consumption way back. We have a 5101E and it’s a great little tractor but built a little lite for our operations. Keep an eye on the rear axle bearings and for the little fuel leak on the injector pump. Keep those axle bearings greased up good. It’s a mess when they go out. For your purpose you shouldn’t have any problems and many years of service out that tractor.
Also, I’m not sure if the heater hose on that model is ran under the steps but I would check and try to reroute them. They rub on the step and will blow out and you will be stuck with an overheated tractor at the farthest point you could be from your truck. Don’t ask just trust me.
Also there has been some brake issues with the E series. You will have a dead pedal and when you let it up and push it again it will lock the wheels up and try to throw you out the seat.
Also don’t put anything you want to keep dry in the tool box. It leaks.
Guess I will stop now. Good luck and enjoy it.

Damn. Marsh is trying to talk him out of it already rofl

"We aren't here to justify your feelings and give you self worth" - Aldeer Welcome Center