Originally Posted by abolt300
I'm throwing a flag on those last two comments. 2 Dogs you should be ashamed of yourself. I know it has been quite a while since we all last saw a live football game, but you need to remember the rules and recognize the chain of command. 257 is the offically recognized Aldeer bully of Phil and unless you asked for 257's permission to slap Phil like that, you violated offical aldeer bully protocol. rofl

I dont know about y'all but I cannot wait for football to officially kick off. As a non-AU fan my honest take and evaluation on Nix's situation: As far as Nix goes, the kid has exhibited talent up until this point in his career but there are a whole lot of guys that exhibited a ton of talent and ruled the high school ranks but never could make the transition to becoming spectacular or even a remotely decent QB in a college program. Jeff Driskell (5 star) at Florida is a prime example. Everyone was certain he was going to set the world on fire. BUST. Looking a little closer to home there's 5 star, high school superstar Mitch Mustain that went to Arkansas. Unbelievable HS numbers and success, the great Gus himself was his HS coach by the way. Total bust, totally unprepared and ineffective at the div 1 level and only ended up throwing for 1,000 yds in his entire college career after tranferring a couple times.

IMO, it will be hard for Nix to be successful, simply because he will not be following an upperclassman that he can learn from for a year or two as his body matures in a college weight room. He is being asked to take the reins and lead a team of upperclassmen straight out of high school in the toughest conference in college football which is a tall task to ask of any 18 yr old kid. Good news is Gus runs a HS level offense which will make it easier on Nix. Bad news is that Gus does not have a clue how to develop talent and runs a HS level offense. Maybe Nix can do it and be successful but having Gus as a coach could end up being very detrimental to his development. Nix has the size, athleticism, football intelligence but only time will tell.

As bad as Jeff Driskel was at Florida, he was drafted and has been on an NFL roster for 3 years.