So, I made the mistake of riding a friend's 4 wheeler with him one day while scouting our property. We hauled corn and put out a few cameras. I fell in love with the whole 4 wheeler concept. (I drive a powerwagon and don't like getting it all scratched up, driving around the camp, so I had been using an '85 4x4 jimmy to do my hunting.) Anway, I was so hooked, and not having any disposable cash, I traded the Jimmy for a 2001 Honda foreman. Now, I realize that I made a bad deal... this thing was screwed up after I got it home...It had been covered in mud (I know now that I DON"T want one that's been snorkeled!) I realize that I didn't know what I was doing. The guy sold the jimmy immediately and now I am still hooked on having a 4 wheeler.

So, I don't want to spend more than about 3,250$.... I will primarily use it for running to the hunting camp (12 mi round trip and putting out cameras and feeders).... I think the Honda recon's are a little small... I was leaning toward at least a 400 series with 4wd.... So, the real question is brand and mileage and years?

What say you, more experienced atv hunter guys? Is it better to get an 09 that looks immaculate and was garage kept, no rust, and little mileage or one that is a 15 with high mileage? Polaris seem to be cheaper... ? What should I be looking for and asking in my search (primarily Facebook Marketplace)? Any help or advice is appreciated.