It is definently a hard decision and can probably be debated on forever just like Ford vs Chevrolet but in the end it comes down to what each person likes. For me I'm leaning more towards the Kubota just because I currently have a 2016 kubota MX4800 and am probably gonna be trading it in if I cant sell it. As far as the quality of kubota I'm happy with it since I've not had a minutes trouble out of it but have never owned a John Deere. I do know that my wife's uncle had a kubota M6800 and I was amazed with some of the things I saw him do with a root rake hooked to the front of that tractor and honestly would have never tried some of the things I saw him do with it but he never had a minutes trouble out of it other than a busted steel hydraulic line right after he bought it but he called his dealer and they came out the next day and replaced it free of charge. In the end I really need to go drive and get some measurements from both because I really do not wanna get rid of my Browns disc that is basically new and from the looks the JD would be too wide for it and wouldn't cover my tracks but the M6060 I looked at didnt seem to be as wide due to the rear tires being a different style than the JD which were not as big or aggressive but were still the R1 type tire.