Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by doekiller
$70 an hour might sound like a lot. But, that is only for the hours you bill on the case. The maximums allowed are ridiculously low. I think a class A felony (think murder) the max allowed to be paid is $4000. If you go to trial, you are seriously making a lot less than that. Also, you are not factoring in overhead. You know, rent, phone, secretary, office supplies, computers. Basically everything you have to have to keep an office open. It cost me more than $70 a hour to keep my office open.

Ive been around more than a few court appointed attorneys in my late teens early 20s I dont think I ever met one that even opens your file until about 15 minutes before you stand in front of a judge. In my experience they just want you to plead guilty so they can collect a check. I had one tell me to plead guilty to DUI when the state forensics lab report showed .06 said he "worked out a deal with the prosecutor" and would get me 6 month probation and a payment plan I told him where he could stick his plea deal. turns out in a small town the judge doesnt ike when you fire your attorney guess they play golf together, anyway he gave me 6 months I appealed and was out 3 hours later on bond. When it went to a higher court I told the judge the same thing I told the original judge "your honor Alabama state law defines DUI as a BAC of .08 or more I have the certified forensic analysis that shows my BAC was .06 I would like this case dismissed" he simply said "well thats what the law says case dismissed" and I went home. That attorney wasnt worth $70 a day much less an hour.

Please tell me what areas and roads you frequent so I can be sure to avoid you.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe