Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by perchjerker
This is why boats with only one motor shouldn't be used in the ocean. Troy they said the CG was searching from South Carolins South.

I'd much rather know they were wearing a pfd than have 2 motors as search and rescue team member... People are too proud/stupid to wear them and it usually ends bad if they're not. Almost every SAR case I flew on, we would spot PFDs near the scene but, they were always empty

From the time I step out of the truck until I get back in the truck. Mine is self inflating and has a plb that's registered permanently attached to it. The beacon is manual. I figure the body retrieval should not eat up precious resources. If I am able to activate the beacon - please come get me as I really need help.

I run offshore to 50 miles with two different boats 20 feet or less with single engines. Both have a 150+ mile range, epirb for the boat, plb for me, two radios, one with a 12' antennae. One has a new chevy 350, the other an old (2000) 150 ocean pro. I keep seatow current and head back in when I should.

1977 Grady White Marlin 201 and a 2000 McKee Craft dual console 19.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank