Originally Posted by wew3006
This is pretty funny; I called again and she said not public. When I told her that the front page was public record; she said only too the press/media outlets.

This is absolute bullshittt. She is stupid, lying or they don't want people to get them.

PUBLIC RECORDS ARE PUBLIC RECORDS and there is not anything they can do about it to prevent you from getting them. There is no "why do you need this?" qualification, no media/press qualification, nada, unless it's their "policy" and if that's the case you need to sue the shittt out of that department and city.

Cities try this all the time. "Why do you need it? Those are only for the press." and other stupid barriers. They don't want you to have it, plain and simple. State agencies often are the same way. I once had to threaten a lawsuit to get salary information for an agency, which didn't want to give it simply because "you don't need it."

Public records are for the public. Fight their asses about this.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020