Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by Ben2
Absolutely especially if hogs are relatively new to the area. They completely removed all deer from an area of our property two years ago. It was a huge group of hogs like 55. They took over the bedding area and 2 green fields. Deer finally came back about 2 weeks after I trapped them all.

You've never brought this up in your turkey rants. This could also be a big part of your turkey problem as well

I have caught all of the hogs on the property before January every year. They typically stay in th lower areas where the turkeys are not. They definately could have something to do with the population but they generally show up on cam and I kill the entire group within a month. Last year we were completely hog free for 10 months. I have never killed or seen a hog on our place in the spring. They normally show up in early fall or late summer and die before winter. We had hogs back when we had Turkeys previously 12 or so years ago so I did not figure the decline was related. The hogs disappeared for 5 or so years back 8 or 9 years ago. That is when the turkeys seemed to take the biggest hit as well for whatever reason.