Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by Clem
I've shot the Savage and rung targets to 200 yards.

That's impressive. Any idea how much drop there is at that distance?

We were just trying to clang the steel and weren't concerned with precision. Lightfield slugs. Probably a couple inches at least. It's been four or five years. Squeeze, boom, wait wait wait wait, clang! laugh

Originally Posted by MCW
Originally Posted by Clem

While I like my H&R, if I was going to buy one now it would be the Ithaca or Savage.

Sideline (which can help the OP) - What kind of recoil pad do you guys have on your slug guns? My H&R has one but it's still a friggin' jackhammer to shoot, even in a sled. Limbsaver? Something else?

Yeah. It is a beast to shoot my 12 ga lthica Model 37. If recoil is an issue for you, might want to go with a 20 ga

I've considered selling the H&R 12 and getting a Savage 220. I kinda like having the Ultra, though, since it was made before Remington's parent company bought H&R and phucked up everything left, right and center. Also, if I need to kill someone by beating them to death with the Ultra it would only take a couple of blows. It's heavy.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020