You’re in for a good time. Our high school finally got its first team together last year after several years of talking about it. Too bad my oldest son was a senior and only got to participate for one year. One thing we really liked about it was that it gave us a reason to go to other lakes to fish. Several of these were totally new to us and it was fun to try something different. I will tell you this, every fish counts, and catching just any old limit will put your boys above a good bit of the field. There were times where just one more fish would’ve really helped my boat. We learned some new lakes and some new techniques, but the biggest thing, and the hardest, was to fish hard til the very end. In our last regular event, my boys had not yet qualified for the state tournament. By staying determined and not giving up, they made 2 culls in the last 5 minutes that got em above the cut-off by less than a pound. It was a mad dash to make it to the weigh in on time, but if we had given in earlier, they wouldn’t have qualified to go further. One of our teams qualified to fish the national championship on KY Lake this past weekend and they finished 7th overall. Both those boys have already been offered sizable scholarships to fish in college. Not bad for a couple 9th graders. I get to do it all over again with my youngest son this year. He’s an 8th grader and will be in the junior division. Good luck!