Originally Posted by Booger
Originally Posted by daniel white
Thanksgiving day, 1997, Remington model 7 .243 I was 12 years old, “the year before my GF was born” lmao.

I was about a mile from Pilgrims Rest Church beside Choccolocca WMA, the rut was wide open in Cleburne county. Dad had set me on a big rock watching a hardwood bottom between two cut overs, it was a natural funnel. He came out with 6 does, walked in front of me about 100 yards, stopped broadsided, I let him have it, he flopped down, and just kept thrashing around. I jumped up, and hollered for dad, he was about 100 yards down the holler from me. He came up to me, I told him it was a buck at least a 6 point and I fell slam in the creek in the process of gettin to him. We walked up to him and his head raised up, dad shouldered his rifle and seen I’d clipped his back, told me to shoot him again, we was like 30 feet from him, and I missed!! Lmao So I took his Buck 110 and walked up behind him and jugged him behind the shoulder. Lights out then. 10 point with a 19 3/4 inch inside spread. Little did I know when we took him to the Processer that’s the last time we would see him. The place got broken into and he was stole along with 6 other racks, I still look for that deer anytime I see a mount in public. But i got pics and memories, won’t ever forget it and I still hunt with that rifle to this day, actually re done the stock last year.

[Linked Image]

What kind of a loser steals deer antlers? Dang, I hate that DW. I had a nice racked buck never make it back into my possession either. I still look for it hanging on a wall in some restaurant or other business.

Yea I always look for mine as well. Sorry folks in this world

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne