Steyr prohunter .308 with a Vortex Diamondback II 3-12×42 using 165gr sierra gamekings thing is a tack driver i did polish the trigger but it breaks clean at 2.5 from the factory. last 6 deer ive shot were DRT thru the neck any where from 50-175 yards havent had to track a blood trail yet with it so far.
before that i shot a Howa 1500 .270 topped with a first generation Nikon buckmaster 3-9x50 i polished the trigger in it also to take the grittiness out I used that rifle nearly 10 years and cant count the deer its dropped. my current 2nd favorite for long shots in a shooting house is a Remington milspec 5R .308 topped with a Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 in an HS precision stock with a Timney trigger set to 2lbs. then i got an old 30-30 that bounces around the truck when im in the brush stomping around

oh and my sons youth model savage trophy hunter 111 in .243 with nikon prostaff 3-9×? I shot a couple deer with it in youth season because my son was sleeping like a rock but he knows the GW drill its also my favorite lightweight rifle to carry into hard to get to places.

Last edited by GKelly; 08/09/19 11:47 PM.