Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by BAR1225
Now if you don’t believe that then that’s fine but telling me that gay marriage doesn’t effect me so why care Is like saying there’s a whole in the ship letting in water but since it’s not in my state room I shouldn’t worry about it.

I realize we're at risk of derailing this thread entirely, but.....

I'm not sure I understand your analogy? Your analogy implies that others sinning will condemn you even if you recognize/disagree with/avoid their sin, and that is not biblical. The Bible calls us, as Christians to spread the gospel; and while it is biblical that we should call out sin as such, it is not biblical that we can force others to follow God. It must be their choice, and regardless of what choice they make, you are called to follow God yourself.

If a homosexual person asks me how I feel about homosexual marriage, I will, without hesitation, tell them I think homosexuality is wrong and converse to the teachings of God. I will also tell them that I don't think it is the government's business one way or another.

But ultimately, you are not going to "sink" because someone else chooses NOT to follow God while you do follow God.

Well I have been accused in the past for making poor analogies so sorry but that is not what I meant. I don’t believe that others sinning will condemn me. Like you, I don’t think the government should be in the business of marriage but they are. Also the Supreme Court has already solidified this decision so unfortunately this discussion is probably a moot point anyway.

*Edited* - I think most here would agree that our society as a whole as been “sinking” for a long time. To me gay marriage is just another, of many, holes in the ship that is contributing to that sinking. So the analogy was more about society as a whole than any one individual. Hope that clarifies.

Last edited by BAR1225; 08/06/19 01:48 PM.