Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by BAR1225
I don’t think the government should be in marriage either but it is. Christians are called to be salt and light to this world. Salt, meaning to preserve/keep from spoiling. So I will always be against that which will lead to the further degradation of our society. Now if you don’t believe that then that’s fine but telling me that gay marriage doesn’t effect me so why care Is like saying there’s a whole in the ship letting in water but since it’s not in my state room I shouldn’t worry about it.

No one is saying that you shouldn't care. I believe as you, that stuff is perverted. But it's not anything related to the constitution, of this great land, and that's where my passion is focused.

I also agree it's perverted. And I wasn't bringing it up because I thought it was in the Constitution but rather because the post I referenced said if it didn't affect him then it shouldn't matter what others do but that's obvious he doesn't agree with that. Anyways, I'm done trying to make a point on this thread.

I agree whole-heartedly that the 2nd Amendment is not a choice that someone can take away it is a RIGHT and should be defended at all cost. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there are enough people that would be willing to defend it which means it is very possible that they DO try and take it away from us. Which I hope and pray that doesn't happen.