Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Cole has a very valid point here and PCP has also made the same point. Start taking away time and rights away from the hunters then things have the potential to do more harm than good.

I am going to stick with my original thoughts on your place. If I recall you have a farmer in the area that uses chicken litter and you have a neighbor or neighbors that turkey hunt regularly. If I was a betting man I would be willing to put money on those two are a large part of your issue. The reason I feel confident is saying that is because I have a very similar situation on one of my properties. Don't think for one second those can't be an issue because I can assure you they very well can be. If you take those two factors away completely when two years I'd bet you would see a big change.

No sir no chicken litter that I know of (smithgrow on here farms it) no serious turkey hunter anywhere close by. The only 2 neighbors that do hunt did not kill a turkey this year and 1 of them killed 1 the season before. Making 1 killed this year and 4 or 5 killed the year before on about 3000 acres.

But again this is decline in turkeys that I have noticed on properties from North Alabama to Coosa County over the last 10 years, not just on our farm. Yet I know lots of people have seen steady or growing populations.