I think it’s a great space saver in the garden and it really produced LOTS of ears of great sweet corn. I can’t even begin to know the number of ears I’ve pulled so far. However, I’m not sure I’m gonna plant like that again. I know that a 4” spacing is to close for me. The plants are way to thick and I think the ears could be bigger. You have to dig thru the foliage to find the ears and the stalks are small.
I do like the idea of watering 2 rows of corn with 1 drip tape and fertilizing 2 rows at a time. I think this concept could work fine with a 10-12” spacing and wider spacing between the rows. And also I’m thinking this concept would be better on a smaller scale. That is a whole lot of corn to have to deal with at one time. Some of my neighbors are starting to close the doors and turning the lights out when they see me drive up. rofl
I planted 3 short 30’ rows to experiment on seed spacing. I double planted 1 row with 8” seed spacing. 1 with 10” and 1 with 12” spacing to see what difference it makes. I just finished planting the last patch of the year. I planted 6 110’ rows of SV9010SA at a 6” seed spacing and single planting row. We shall see how this variety turns out.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.