Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
a hemp plant and weed plant are 2 different things. The hemp even has buds that look like weed buds and are sold in stores. You probably couldnt look at them and tell the difference. But doesnt contain thc(less than .3%)

Back in the late 70s I was working in the midwest in areas where hemp had been farmed when/where it was legal to do so (I was told that the guvment regulated it) and there were volunteer plants everywhere that had beautiful buds. So, I did what any young, Alabama redneck would and picked me a bunch of buds off the 'ditch weed' as the locals called it. I dried it and it smelled awesome. Rolled some up and smoked it and got the worst headache I believe I ever had. Just like the locals said, it wasn't worth a tinker's damn.

Around 1973 or so I knew a fellow that was mentioning the abundance of the wild weed growing along side of the roads up there. We were in the Navy at the time and he took 2 weeks leave to go harvest some. After a month or so I got to missing him around the shop and asked about him. I was told he was pulled over with a trunk load of it and was probably in Leavenworth by now. I don't know for sure but he never came back grin

"Don't let a dead deer kill ya"