Good PSA for the day.

Working in the medical field, I have seen a ton of folks with Colon Cancer that could have been treated earlier and been a lot less invasive/painful had they been screened sooner. This is one procedure where an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

One guy I remember specifically wouldn't have a colonoscopy, and started having bleeding. When his colonoscopy was done, he had a huge cancerous mass that required surgery along with a colostomy. Was unsure if the colostomy was going to be permanent or not, had to wait until surgery to see how much colon was going to have to be removed and if the cancer had spread any. This fella was 56. Had he done his preliminary screening at 50, a lot of this could be avoided and he most assuredly would not be facing the possibility of having to $hit in a bag attached to the side of his stomach for the rest of his life. GET IT DONE. Standard age is 50. If you have a strong family history of Colon Cancer, Colon Dx, etc. Most insurances will pay for the screening at age 45.

If Caitlyn Jenner can keep his wiener and be considered a woman, I can keep my guns and be considered disarmed!