trlrdrave, No, I've been doing this for quite a while, and when i started doing it there was not much out there like today to help you know kinda where you were temp wise. I'm not doing heavy annealing on these cases for this latest project, just enough so the chances of splitting the necks is reduced greatly. I rotate for about 6 seconds on the shoulder in this instance as opposed to the neck which is the usual reason and location of annealing. I'm moving both the neck and the shoulder so just a little softening in that area should produce the wanted results for the change in my fire forming. I'm sure one of these days I'll ruin some brass, you do anything long enough and the odds will no doubt catch up with you.
Here's some annealing to some 9.3 x 74R cases that I used to make my 3" 410 shotgun shells from. The two on the right are annealed by the factory, and look that way when you get them from Hornady. The two on the left are annealed by me in preparation for causing the back half, which is the thicker area, and the hardest area to fill out in fire forming for the 410 to fill out all the way.

[Linked Image]