Originally Posted by eclipse829
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
If a orange "boggin" is legal , the hat pictured should be. Only difference is one has a bill.

The hat probably has an open back (trucker style) which reduces the # of square inches of orange. I guess technically, since much of the rear of the cap would be perforated, it wouldn't be considered "solid". A fitted hat would be solid and might consist of off 144 inches of orange minus the bill.

A toboggan or beanie would be "solid " orange in 360 degrees and probably would be 144 inches.

I use a cheap $3 solid orange cap to move to and from my stands when weather permits. I use a cheap solid orange toboggan or beanie when it's cold.

I'm not on anyone's prostaff or making a fashion statement while hunting so, no need for logos. I do have hats similar to the op's for driving around, attending dinner parties and church because there aren't any regulations in those instances.

The 144 sq in requirement does NOT apply to hats. The law does not specify the type of hat, It simply reads a hat of solid orange color, which means IF the hat has a bill, it must also be orange. If it is just a toboggan, it must be of solid orange color.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe