Dupont schedule, no question about it
I have worked shift work since 99 and it doesn't bother me one bit. I would actually rather work nights. I put in for a straight days mechanical maintenance job (4 10s) back in '14 and got it. It has had it's ups and downs...I think I have actually been back on rotating shift more than straight days due to guys quitting and having to fill in for the empty operations shift I wound up making more hourly, but lost money due to not getting built in OT.
We worked the DuPont schedule at a previous employer and worked it for several years. Management changed and the O&M Manaer that took over didn't like the schedule as it allowed someone to take "vacation" without using vacation days (we could roll over unused vacation), and he figured it up and saw that we were only working about 1/2 of the year, and was still making more than he was. Being the plant only ran about 5 months out of the year, when the plant wasn't running he wanted us to work 5 8 hour shifts. We raised holy hell with him about it as we'd actually wind up losing money...5 8's or 4 10's is the same amount of hours, but you have to drive the 5th day, costing you money.

Last edited by hammerhead; 07/12/19 10:59 PM.