Originally Posted by Dixiepatriot
What were the symptoms in your knee before.

It was over a long period, from sports in high school to 4 years in the Navy. Just abused it. Kept getting worse and worse until I was limping all the time. Wife would tell me that I looked like a 100 year old trying to walk. Painful to move it at all. Nothing much left for the knee joints to slide on, when the meniscus is really bad and tattered. I had gotten sort of use to it for so long and then it suddenly got much worse. Glad I had it done. The pain is not too bad after the surgery. It was bearable and only took about 10 of the lortabs he gave me. Swelling lasted a long time...5-6 weeks. I had retired at 62 already last year,before having the surgery. I was so glad to retire. State Retirement and SS is all I was waiting for. It would have really bad to have to go to work after a month off for recuperating. It really took more like 6-8 weeks, before it got better for regular motion. I don't even notice any problems now. Now that titanium plate in my neck is a whole 'nother can of fish bait.