Originally Posted by FurFlyin
That’s great Bigem. Keep on trucking! It will get better and easier as time goes on. RH has talked about the 3 month time frame and now that I’m at it I think I’m noticing more energy and mental clarity than I did even a few weeks ago.

It amazes me after my doctor appointment yesterday how little conventional medicine truly understands about blood chemistry. My doctor is an internist and a dang good one. I told him yesterday that I was looking forward to getting the results of my blood work, that I wanted to see how much my triglycerides had dropped. He said, “your triglycerides will be extremely high.” I told him that I didn’t think it would be and he told me that it would be and then told me the reasons it would be.” I just smiled and said, “well I guess we’ll see.” A 170 point drop is incredible. He put me on a triglyceride lowering medication a decade ago and they still didn’t drop below 200.

I don’t remember what my A1C level was a year ago, so I sent them a message on the patient portal to find that out too. I do know that I was labeled as pre-diabetic last year.

Triglycerides can fluctuate day to day depending on diet but the doctor definitely doesn't have a clue saying they would be higher on a keto diet. I can't imagine any scenario they wouldn't be lower on the diet you're on. Simple carbs have a big effect on triglyceride levels. Let us know what your A1c was last year. 5.5 is still right on the verge of prediabetic since anything over 5.6 is considered prediabetic. Doctors and health professionals generally know jack squat about diet and get defensive when told so. I proved it 4 years ago by lowering my A1c from 5.8 to 4.5 in a 3 month period by just cutting processed foods and sugar from my diet when my doctor told me it didn't work like that. I changed doctors right after I proved my point in that 3 month visit. He also wanted to put me on statins with a cholesterol level of 201 after that first check up. I told him a flat no and my follow up visit my cholesterol was 151. I haven't met a doctor yet that didn't love to push pills over a good sustainable diet. In their defense they know most people don't have the will power to go that route. Keep up the good work, brother.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard