Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Nobody has mentioned Kuiu and that is a good thing. I am a hater. So much so - that I did the responsible thing and purchased some Kuiu to wear last season. How can I hate and not own. That's not my playbook. I dropped the $800+ to see if I like it. BTW - I have climbed the Eiger twice... don't try to school me on layering. Know your role. The Kuiu stuff is too thin and not made for the style hunting we do here in Alabama. I am sure it works well in the places they are hunting in their advertisements in the pictures Rocky Mountains, Canada, Uzbekistan, etc...wherever they are playing Bowhunter Barbie. I don't care. It is ripped off hiking clothes. Most of us are not deer hunting like that.

I am coming around on Sitka. Between the two there is no contest. Sitka clothes are the same layering concept, only, they are more substantial and fee more well made because they are not trying to layer 5 paper thin pieces. The Kuiu stuff is overboard. After 5 layers I would rather just wear my Hydro Fleece then I know for sure I am not getting cold.

Sitka is going to get the nod from me. Or the Cabela's MT050 if Bass Pro ain't ruined it yet.

All that being said I haven't got cold in a set of lined Carhartts yet in Alabama either.

The MT050 is my go to. It hasn’t let me down yet but it’s old school cabelas. Not BP wannabe stuff.