Originally Posted by NSDQ160
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Originally Posted by NSDQ160
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Has nothing to do with laziness , whether you sit astraddle a pile of corn or wouldn't be caught dead near one, it's about being honest that ANYTHING put out or planted by a hunter IS BAIT WHEN HUNTED OVER.
And what the state says , or permits, or anything else has NOTHING to do with it either.

But honesty is a double edged sword..... one of those "baits" by your definition takes a lot more work than the other.... it also doesn't concentrate deer as much as the other hence why its been legal for so long..... if you're truly worried about honesty you would openly admit that.

Plots , feeders can require different degrees of effort , if they both attract deer and you shoot them while there, they are both B A I T! Honest!

You're so wrapped around the axle because you believe someone is implying some criticism of someone's hunting skills as has been mentioned like 50 times.... I for one am not saying that. What I am saying is to get the ground prepped, get the seed in it, covered, fertilized, etc. takes a lot more effort that just dumping a bad of corn out. I am also saying that deer traditionally use food plots at night whereas you can dump corn out right outside of cover and set timers on feeders to get them to trend use in daylight. It's two totally different ball games. The work required for one doesn't equal the other. It's extremely naïve to say or even imply that it is. They both attract deer. But they both do not equal the same amount of work to attract those deer.

None of us are arguing that food plots require more effort than putting out a bag of corn. Food plots do require a lot of work and maintenance, and usually take hours of work. A bag of corn can be carried in on an atv and dumped 50 yards in front of your stand with in 15 minutes and requires very little effort. I totally agree.

But at the end of the day that food plots purpose is to attract deer and that 50 pounds of corn was put out to attract deer.

Once again we are not arguing that one takes more work than the other and anyone who thinks the way some one hunts is lazy is entitled to that opinion. I am a fan of food plots and we will continue to plant food plots because they are great tools to attract deer on to your property.