Originally Posted by Todd1700
I just pointed out that food plots and baiting are not the "same thing" legally or physically. I have asked this question several times and nobody has ever tried to answer it, so I will ask again - in what sense are they the same thing?

A corn feeder is bait placed in a specific location by man to lure a game animal into gun or bow range.

A green patch is bait placed in a specific location by man to lure a game animal into gun or bow range.

It requires no more skill or effort to hunt over one vs the other.

With both legal I can see no moral or ethical difference.

Both could be used as a means to provide additional supplimental food for the deer on your land.

Here's a better question back at you. In what meaningful way are they different?

There are a lot of differences in the actual practices, but as I already said, they can indeed be used for the same purposes. The biggest difference is that one is legal and one isn't. Now that difference can be erased by buying a license, but the very fact that a separate license is required should be evidence that they are different practices. Don't you agree with that?

I agree that there is no ethical difference. And I agree that there is no more skill involved in any sort of deer hunting from a stand, whether woods or field. Actually, I don't think there is much skill in deer hunting at all, and that's the reason I've lost interest in it.

I plant a lot of land that never gets hunted at all, so my purpose in that has to be different than what you described above. I don't wanna see the definition of baiting be changed to include planted fields, or the state will decide to tax them too.

I've never answered the OP's original question - I don't plan to quit planting crops and switch to bait. Bait could not accomplish my goals. I don't care at all if others want to switch.

Last edited by poorcountrypreacher; 06/29/19 09:32 AM.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.