Originally Posted by BREEZE1
These days its cheaper to join a club with a lot of land than it is to get turkey rights only.
I am willing to do that, but I have not found that to be the case. Not at all. Me and three others got turkey memberships a few years back on 3000 acres in Eastern Alabama for $500 each. We were shown turkeys on game cameras, habitat looked good, most of us never heard a gobble, one guy killed a jake. The other place in another part of Alabama, Western side, the membership is $1200 a year, also about 3000 ac. I was offered $600 for a turkey only membership. But I rarely hear a bird and haven't killed one in four years. Hence why I am looking at other tracts to hunt. For me, I was tempted to sign up for the turkey only but not at $600, maybe less, but that was not an option. At the full ride, I rarely if ever deer hunted. So if there were lots of birds, I'd be happy about "half-price". But there aren't.

"For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America" ~Benjamin Franklin

Isaiah 40:13-14

RAP is CRAP

NRA Life Member, GOA, BamaCarry Member