Originally Posted by UncleHuck

Really? I see squirrels, doves, songbirds, deer, turkeys, and all manner of other wildlife at my corn and protein feeders, which happen to sit in the middle of a large food plot, with a variety of grains, brassicas, and legumes planted annually and fertilized regularly, right next to the mineral lick. I even mix birdseed with the corn, to expand the benefit to more critters.

And the benefit to wildlife, deer anyway, for most of us, is killing a few of them so there is more food remaining for the survivors.

Still no moral high ground to criticize others for their particular method of baiting.

Respectfully, the "benefit to wildlife" attitude is exactly what I was referring to in my previous post. Maybe not directly to you, but to the others who talk about cornslingers as if they are worthless scum with no hunting skills, and how their kill plots are so much more sporting and better for the deer.

Except the ones that they shoot, of course. Those are still hammer dead.

But let's be honest...this thread is about CORN FEEDERS vs food plots. You can attempt to make it something else, but that's what it is. If you're mixing other stuff that's actually beneficial to deer and other wildlife, then good for you. But, you're in the VAST minority. I would wager that 99+% of feeders will be filled with corn...and only corn.

I know absolutely no one who only plants rye grass as their food plots...and if there are some who do, they're not killing many/any deer off them. Even if someone planted only wheat on their plots, they've provided the deer with something that's highly digestible with 20+% crude protein, and a forage yield of better than 4000 lbs per acre from October to March. Corn only is somewhere in the 8% crude protein range. The "sporting" part of it aside, I'm not sure how anyone can argue that a corn feeder is better for deer/wildlife than a "killing" plot.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?