I plant summer and fall food plots, and I am well aware of the differences between the nutritional values of the two. Ask yourself this one question and be completely honest. If you didn't hunt, would you still plant foodplots? If not, well then you are baiting deer onto your property with food plots to help hold the deer. I'm sure some people feed deer and don't hunt, but 99.9% of us use foodplots to attract and hold deer on our property. Everything we do, such as habitat improvements, fertilizing natural forages, creating bedding area's, sanctuary's, watering holes, etc. is to make our property more attractive to wildlife. IMO, that is bait, not by definition of the law, but that's how I feel. I'm okay with that. Corn, pellets, mineral rocks, all serve a purpose. Everybody knows food plots are high in protein, but in the fall deer need carbohydrates. They get that from acorns. If there was one white oak acorn tree dropping on 200 acres, would you hunt it? Very similar to hunting over a feeder. People are going to feel however they feel, and that's fine. I just don't get hung up over a play on words. Before supplemental feeding come along, I didn't put anything out except food plots and mineral licks. I started putting supplemental feeders out to help hold deer on the property, because the pines are choking out natural vegetation. We lease this property, so we're limited to what we can do. When winter hits, and the acorns are gone deer will move where there's more food. They're supposed to start cutting next year so hopefully that will improve our situation. Now, we don't have to worry about putting a feeder outta site, we can put it where it is more convenient to keep full.