Originally Posted by TexasNative
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
My friend called me at work so i didnt have time to really think to ask. All he said was both our names are on the loan. Her as a co signer. Its not paid off so im guessing the title is at a bank.

Its honestly his car alone. But she did co sign. They moved out and divorced on the same day i know. He said she took the spare keys and got a friend to hide the car. The divorce lawyer supposedly said he cant make her do anything. The cops said they cant do anything. Seems like the divorce lawyer would have had her name taken off the loan. Im confused.

So they lived together until the divorce was final? I'm confused. You cannot remove a co-signer from a loan. Your friend would have to re-finance the loan to remove her name. If the divorce was final, there should be a judgement on who gets possession of the car. I'm thinking they have filed for divorce and have yet to have a final hearing. In which case, he is screwed.

Yes they lived together until the day of signin divorce papers. Lawyer said to refinance but he dont want to cause it adds 2 more years onto his car debt. Something aint adding up it looks.