Originally Posted by Turkeymaster
just because I've had cleth damage the chufas alittle i go alittle lighter than 10 oz per acre, i think it depends on how much water they get. i believe the times ive had really hot dry spells after I spray is when it seemed to damage them alittle

That's a good post, and I agree that you need to be careful with Clethodim or any of the grass herbicides. I have told people that I use 10 oz, but I have seen damage at that rate. And I think you are right that it's very dependant on the amount of rain you get. I have tried 8 oz and found that it didn't do a good job of controlling the grass in some fields. I think there is a very narrow window for how much Clethodim you can safely use. The window for Milestone is much wider and you can use more of it without damage.

I don't know about everyone else, but most of the herbicide damage I get is from poor application on my part. I now use a boomless sprayer and it is real easy to overlap the spray rows and give some spots a double dose. I have started cutting limbs and wrapping toilet paper on the ends for visibility, then putting them at measured distances on each end of the field so I have a guide to keep my spray rows consistent. That takes a lot of extra work, but it's worth it.

It doesn't hurt a thing to overlap when spraying deer plots with gly, but you need to be precise with chufa spray.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.