Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Great round for a 9 year old. Not sure why a grown man would shoot it on purpose.

There is no good argument as to why a .243 is better than _____. That's anything larger with tolerable recoil within ALDeer standards. 6.5 Creed, 7-08, etc.

NONE.

Even .25-06 will crest the hill in terms of killing power while not shooting a much larger bullet maybe 10 more grains. Recoil pretty mild.

Start getting into .308 or larger and of course people's shoulders start getting blown off round here so I'm not even going there.

That's like arguing that a car that will run 200 mph is more powerful than one that will run 120. It don't matter one hoot if I don't drive over 65, and I'll burn less powder and have less recoil, I mean burn less gas and have a more comfortable ride,with the less powerful car.

Not really, the comparison at this level is like arguing you can ride a moped instead or drive a car to Orange Beach to eat.

You can get there on a moped I'm just not sure why anyone would want to drive one that far. You can kill a deer with a .22lr so, this isn't a "can't" argument. .243 will certainly kill a deer.

It's a question of why would you pick that?

No good reason. Unless you are a 9 year old.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.