Originally Posted by FurFlyin
At the 2 month mark, 6/4, I weighed 277. Last Sunday I weighed 280 and now I'm at 273. Summer is a frustrating time to lose weight if watching the scale is your main motivation. My hydration level makes a large difference in the scales. Hydration wasn't the issue with the weight loss stall. I'm not 100% sure but I think eating more tree nuts may have had an effect on that. I had been eating pecans for breakfast instead of eggs. After consulting the aldeer experts regarding the plateau I ate more carbs for 2 days. After doing that I ate no carbs for 2 days. Nothing but meat and eggs like I did when I first started. I also cut my calories down to under 1500 per day for most of the week. The weight loss didn't start back until maybe Tuesday. A couple of days in a row the scales dropped 2 pounds per day. The scale swings due to hydration are mostly happening on or after Saturdays because I spend all day outside working. My mindset is continuing to improve. It's still amazing to me that less than 3 months ago I lived to eat and now food isn't a focus at all. I'm getting much closer to only viewing food as fuel. I'm past craving anything other than salty food after physical exertion. That's a metabolic/physiological craving so it's not really a food craving. That just means I need electrolytes. I don't crave potato chips or pretzels now when I crave salt. I want dill pickles now. I don't stress eat or boredom eat anymore. I'm focusing less on short term and thinking more long term. It gets better every day.

OK buddy I have lost 10-12 lbs per month for every month since last August. I am going to share one big secret with you. You got to crap it out! I honestly don't eat until I am clean inside from my last meal. What I eat depends on how long it takes. I also eat less and less meat as I go. Meat takes about 3 days to get gone completely.

If I had pigged out one day on meat I might only eat a lot of sauteed spinach and a small piece of fish to clean out. The spinach will make me crap over a 3 rail fence. Sometimes you have to eat something or not eat something depending on how full your guts are.

To wrap up this crappy reply I'll say that if it takes you longer than a minuet to take a dump you aren't eating right. I know I'm 51 but I take a dump now faster than a piss,which don't seem good but it has worked for me..

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 06/16/19 03:36 PM.