Originally Posted by BowtechDan
Originally Posted by BOFF
Originally Posted by jwalker77
We are all going to die. None of us know when or how. None of us are owed a good long life. If I fall out of a tree next week and die, it was my time. Will my wife and kids be sad, yes. Were they cheated out of something because I died at 42, I dont think so. If I hadnt given my life to the Lord 11yrs ago I would already be dead. The Lord gave me several more years. We humans get all twisted up about death because we have a very poor understanding of time and an even poorer understanding of a place without time. Take time out of the equasion and suddenly death is not such a big deal.

Maybe not to those facing death who have assurance of Salvation in Christ Jesus, but for those we leave behind, particularly when it is sudden, it can be quite a big deal.
The sudden loss of a spouse, son, daughter, etc. can be a very traumatic, and lonely experience, even when we know our beloved are in a better place.

God Bless,
David B.

Death should be a happy situation if you truly believe. If a person won the powerball, most family would be happy as shucks. Meeting our maker that everyone says they live for?...........gloom??? Really?

Dan, the best way I can explain it is a couple of weeks ago I was out of town away from my 14 year old daughter for 10 days. I missed her terribly. If I lose a loved one that I know has Christ, I'm happy that they are with our Saviour and are experiencing a new life that I can't fathom but I still will miss them and our time here on earth.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard