Originally Posted by joshm28
Those boats have just as much right to the lake as you. I have a wake boat and a bass boat. I keep the wake boat in the main channel 99% of the time. If you are trying to fish the main channel on weekends then tough chit. There’s plenty of spots for fishing where there won’t be pleasure boats.

I fish weekends to some but it’s early or late in the day before the pleasure boats get out.

THIS is the evidence of my point. People really do NOT believe everybody has the same right to the water, they just don't. This same concept wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else, there'd be 500 laws introduced to legislature! There was a Facebook post on the Logan Martin Tournaments page on Memorial Day weekend from a local marine police who has begun posting frequently (I'm still not convinced he isn't a troll), basically encouraging fishermen to just not come to the river. Why wouldn't he encourage the pleasure boaters not to come?????? If you don't see this subconscious bias, then you're not being honest. The subconscious bias is that the river is primarily for pleasure boaters, and you can fish if you're willing to put up with the ocean-like waves and muddy, washed-out banks. Every remark you hear carries the connotation that the river is for pleasure boats, and you can try to fish if you just absolutely have to.

If you could only ride in your small car on the highway at first light and last light, but had to go home and get off the roads once the semis got out for the day, they'd outlaw semis.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.