Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
Theys a difference between deer breeders high fence operation and extreme wildlife and or trophy management...most folks cant afford the fence much less the land to put it around...if you could afford 10k acres...and a high fence around it...and you could afford to control most all property and wildlife management aspects to keep the land in pristine condition...you could slowly control invasive species, reestablish native grasses, have an effective burn rotation with well maintained fire breaks...i mean,..why not? Grid the property off and really focus and take time to improve the animals social structure and give them what they need to flourish...and not to mention serious high volume predator control...and attempt to stand a decent chance of keepin douche bags from raping and pillaging land illegally. Yes you could do all this without a fence but after you spent all that time and money...why would you want to throw it all away so your redkneck neighbor billy joe bob shoot the first spike i see guy...SHOOTS THE FIRST SPIKE HE SEES!!....im poh tho...so my argument is worthless....i will say that ive seent the above work extremely well in texas...and by george them deer was wild down there...they just really like corn....you better have some deep pockets tho..and a few millyuns want cut it...you gon need lotsa millyuns..dilly dilly laugh

I read an article years ago about Texas deer management. One of the owners said their operating costs were $75-85 per acre. This was several years ago...

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe