Originally Posted by Southwood7

There was no biological reason to extend deer season to Feb 10th in the north.

There was no biological reason to move the opening day of turkey season to the 3rd Saturday in March and take hunting days away from us. The assistant director said if you were in a club and take off during the week you had a “big advantage”.

When I emailed Chuck and told him I wished that we had a director who would make decisions based on sound biological principles and not an agenda he told me to “ Be careful what I wish for”

Y’all keep trusting Chuck and I’ll keep on not trusting or believing him.

I am right there with you...Every time I see a video of Chuck huntin or read an article, it's always the hunting has just got better and better! I mean come on man, of course you will have fine hunting when you hunt with the big wigs on the best land in the state. I have hunted all over the state, and it's gotten pathetic to be honest. Yes, they have to make money, but there are so many other ways to do that at no expense to us hunters who do it by the book. Out back hit it on the head and to add, there are stats in another deer thread with the fines for hunting illegally...absolute joke...One of the main reasons there are so many renegades out there is that it's just a slap on the wrist IF you get caught....compared to other states (Kansas was the example in that it's a $10,000 fine for spotlighting there) That's how you hurt poachers is by their pocketbook! It would even cut down on the money spent to repair damage to wmas etc because people would be more afraid to get caught! GO FIGURE...

I have out of state buddies in disbelief with how every single decision has been to satisfy the rich, Chuck himself, and not the common people of this great state. If all the research data as people said was against every single decision made by Chuck, then why in the world are they WASTING our hard earned money by funding all this research of theirs! It's not gonna stop...this is only the beginning...They wonder why the decline in the hunters? There will be an even sharper decline now because people are going to start saying "Screw it, I'mma go out west and spend my money actually seeing deer and big deer at that for half the price it will be to hunt in our very own state!" He only cares about himself and his agenda...not the hardworking regular folks who try to do it right and introduce kids to the good Lord's creation.

Last edited by Gobble4me757; 05/21/19 07:50 PM.

2017 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
2018 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion