Originally Posted by Be_Cam
Originally Posted by Abbhudson
Originally Posted by Skullworks
STFU???? LOL!

My bad. Stop complaining you whinny ass cry baby.

That better?

I don’t think the mods realized you are a female. May want to tell em so they can change your name to pink.

To the OP, Vets look out for themselves and the critters not you. I don’t agree with it, just the way it is. I’d call them and see where I told em they could do all that on my dog. Large Animal vets are a little different at times. Most time they look at the farmers best interest, may tell you the animal isn’t worth spending the money on. I farm for a living and only use a vet to semen test, and pregnancy check. I do all my own stuff rest of time. I don’t do much pregnancy checking anymore, I have started pulling blood and mailing it off the last few years.

The difference in large and small animal is that large there is a price point where the farmer looses money on the animal and culling is the best financial option. Out of curiosity what do you pay for preg check and semen check?

Small animal that's not the case. There is no end product to sell. That estimate included everything for gold standard care. You are free to decline it. But if it's not offered and a complication arises the vet is now open to a fun little lawsuit and could lose their ability to practice.

The difference in a vets radiograph machine and other equipment vs a doctor or dentist's is minimal, the costs of upkeep, storage of images, etc are the same. Now go look at what your dentist charges for an x-ray, root canal, etc (actually charges not what you pay after insurance) then you'll realize the vet is giving you a great deal.

A few threads ago everyone was fine with a few grand to paint a truck...but a vet charging 500 to treat a pet you elected to own is unacceptable.