Now if we could get a really good chance of seeing, and a decent chance of killing a P&Y in just a few days of scouting and hunting, people probably wouldn’t gripe about coming to hunt here. You pay for what you get 99% of the time. That’s OOS hunters gripe I’d bet. Doubling the license cost (they have to pay it due to being caught “over” someone else’s bait pile) but the hunting is still sub-par compared to Midwest states. I know, we got like 6 months (it seems) to hunt, but there’s still that magical 2 weeks where the odds go up and hunting is better......to kill a 110” deer.

If I had my choice and could just drive anywhere at any point in time and go hunt, Alabama wouldn’t get not one red cent from me. I get tired of sitting in a pine thicket watching 50 yards, maybe, in either direction and feeling lucky to see 5 deer. P&Y or B&C is rare unless you hunt in one of the very few spots that they’re somewhat common. I guess what I’m getting at is, we just don’t have the type deer they do, and most hunt now to kill something and measure the bone on its head. That’s not everything to me, but seeing deer and enjoying watching game of all types is. Can’t do that here unless you find a place to lease that people actually care about wildlife and mange for wildlife and not only trees.

I guess to get back to the point you’re trying to make, why charge an extra “tax” to put out bait? If license cost need to be raised then raise them. Don’t put the people that hunt here in a predicament that could cause even more controversy than there already is between hunters. Surely they could see that this could do just that?? I thought license sales were down?? Couldn’t this hinder that even more?

I’m all over the place, probably because I have enjoyed a few margaritas tonight, but this is my thoughts and opinions for the most part.

Originally Posted by BPS
This is Aldeer! The place people come to vent their frustrations and completely change their stance a few minutes later... grin