Originally Posted by BIG-AL
There are some turkey killing machines on this site. I can remember we one several years ago with one team member overseas the whole season. The year before that I killed just one bird. These BAMA birds are so hard to kill when someone goes out of state it’s a complete slaughter. Congrats to whomever wins.

They just don’t understand. I have a friend on Facebook named Rich Weise who lives in Nebraska and makes custom pot calls. He’s all the time ranting about calling them in close and railing on and on about people who use high dollar shells aren’t real turkey hunters. I got tired of listening to his ranting one day and told him he railed on and on about “real hunters” and hunted the dumbest and easiest birds on the planet. He asked me to elaborate and I told him we had a 45 day season here in Alabama and if I provided him with a place to stay and access to my lease every day, he’d be lucky to bang out a bird or two and really wouldn’t surprise me if he was completely skunked. Now if the situation were reversed I (or many others on here) could go up there under the same circumstances and kill every bird on his place in a week if it took that long. Of course he didn’t believe me but it’s the truth.

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge