Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum
Originally Posted by BhamFred
great pics of some beautiful waters and a wonderful fish. I grew up on redeye bass with a smattering of spots and largemouth thrown in. Redeyes are the prettiest of them all by far. I have a 3lb1/2oz redeye on my wall from many years ago.

I'd love to see a pic of it. Just out of curiosity. I suspect many fish that were over 1.5lbs are hybrids with Alabama bass. The state record redeye is almost certainly a hybrid. Not saying yours is, but I'd love to be proven otherwise. I fin clip and test a lot of the fish I catch, which has lead to the research I am now doing which is the first substantial research we have done on this fish in this state. I am very curious to see what we find!

could be. When I caught it in 1974 I took it to Auburn to one of the Fisheries professors and he counted scales and such and said it was a redeye. I had Mimms in Selma mount it and paint it from a fresh pic of it I had.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one