my local WM had all their garden center trees marked down to half or more off. First ive seen them do that this early in the year. Last year they didnt mark anything down till about august and most of the stuff looked half dead by then.

The 7 gal dunstans were marked down to $15 , the 3 gal were $10.50. I bought 2 of the 7 gallon and a dozen of the 3 gallon. I split the dozen 3 gallon up among some friends of mine.
Also bought 2 of the chestnut hill pear and 2 persimmon for $10.50 each.
This will make 7 or 8 chestnut hills dunstans at my place this yr and 5 of the chinese chestnuts from lowes planted last fall. Im anxious to see the difference between the 2.

Originally Posted by centralala
I ordered 10 chestnut trees from Sunbright Farms. They where about 3' tall. Good price but don't remember what it was. Put them in the ground middle of Feb. and have 100% survival so far. Even the one where a buck thought the tree tube was an opposing buck. I've been very pleasesd.

Hard to beat the price from Sunbright farms. We planted 20 chestnut from there and 20 plum this year. Will probably order 50 plum next year and another 20 chestnut from them.

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
Fred did they have leaves? The ones I saw 3 had leaves and 4 didn’t

The persimmon and pear were just starting to get any leaves on them. The chestnut were fully leafed out

Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching - even when doing the wrong thing is legal. Aldo Leopold .. (except when it comes to trailer tags)